Reitan Convenience has 2200 stores in seven countries. It is one of the largest convenience companies in Europe and has a leading market position in all the countries they operate in. Viessmann has agreed to provide refrigeration solutions to all Reitan 7-Eleven stores throughout Europe. One of the first renovations took place in a 7-Eleven located in Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Viessmann and Reitan Denmark worked closely together to find the best solutions considering refrigeration solutions and aesthetics.
– We wanted to really focus on what the store should look and feel like, says Henrik Thomassen. He works as a Convenience Manager at Viessmann.
Customer feedback mattered
One of the things Reitan Denmark and Viessmann really wanted to emphasize was to present the products in a way that the customers will actually buy them. To achieve this, they decided to ask for their customers’ opinion.
– What were the products they liked, what kind of products would they like to see in the future and so on, Thomassen says.
– When they mentioned an item, we then decided how to present it to make the best possible sales, he continues.
First of many to come
A tangible benefit of the new system is the fact that it produces less heat and noise.
– When a customer enters a store, the environment should feel pleasant. There should not be much noise and the temperature should be comfortable, Thomassen says.
As this was one of the first 7-Eleven refrigeration renovations, it will serve as an example for the upcoming projects.
– With this project, we provide guidelines on how to renovate the next stores, Thomassen concludes.